- Christensen, LaVar, house chair
Interim committees study key issues facing the state, hear public comment and recommend legislation for the upcoming session. Unlike during the general session, when the Senate and House each have standing committees comprised of only their own members, interim committees are made up of both senators and representatives.
- Four appropriations meetings are scheduled during the interim. This will allow additional time for thorough review of the budget.
- There are six interim committee meetings scheduled for 2017. One less interim committee meeting than the previous year.
- Meetings will be held May-November and a site visit in April.
- June and September, meetings will last two days instead of one, which will allow appropriations subcommittee meetings to be held on Tuesdays and interim committee meetings on Wednesdays.
- See the potential 2017 interim study items here.
- Additional information can be found here.
Interim Committee Meetings Schedule*
- May 17, 2017
- June 21, 207
- July 26, 2017
- August 23, 2017
- September 20, 2017
- October – no interim meeting
- November 15, 2017
- December – No interim meeting, reserved for session preparations.
*Subject to change