STATE OF UTAH, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
invites applications for the position of:
Chief Clerk, House of Representatives
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, August 28, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 5:00 pm
WHO CAN APPLY: Current and former Legislative employees only
The House of Representatives is seeking a full-time Chief Clerk. The Chief Clerk is appointed by the Speaker of the Utah House of Representatives. The Chief Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the members of the House of Representatives and advises on legislative procedures and parliamentary practices during the legislative session.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Certifies and transmits all legislation to the Senate and informs the Senate of all House actions;
- Assists in the preparation of the House Journal and certifies it as an accurate reflection of House action;
- Makes technical corrections in bills;
- Is the custodian of all official documents;
- Records the number, title, sponsor, each action, and final disposition of legislation;
- Prepares and distributes the daily order of business;
- Advises the Speaker on parliamentary procedure, constitutional requirements, and Joint and House Rules; Assists with amendments to bills;
- Records votes and presents the results to the Speaker;
- Transmits to the Governor all enrolled House bills;
- Assigns the duties and responsibilities, and supervises, some House of Representatives personnel during the legislative session;
- HR, financial and payroll tasks; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Understanding of the Utah Legislature and its processes;
- At least 5 years of experience working with the Utah Legislature.
SALARY: $33.66 – $48.07 Hourly
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for a full benefits package.
TO APPLY SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITER NAME: Debbie Cragun
RECRUITER PHONE NUMBER: 8013261600
RECRUITER EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com