- Executive Appropriations Committee
- Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee
- House Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee
- Business and Labor Interim Committee
- Economic Development and Workforce Services Interim Committee
- Revenue and Taxation Interim Committee
- Legislative Audit Subcommittee
- Legislative Management Committee
- Subcommittee on Oversight
- Health Reform Task Force
- Tax Restructuring and Equalization Task Force
Professional and Community Affiliations
Mapleton City Council, 2003-07; Youth Sports Coach (ten years); Boy Scout Leader (ten years); Conflict Mediation Certificate, State of Texas
Personal and Career Information
Education: B.S., Brigham Young University; M.S.W., University of Houston; M.B.A., Utah State University
Profession: Health Care Administrator
Bio: Rep. Francis Gibson has represented District 65 in the Utah House of Representatives since 2009. He has chaired the Education Standing Committee and served on the Education Appropriations Committee. He has been a member of the Health Care Task Force, House Special Investigative Committee and the Legislative Redistricting Committee.
Gibson serves on the board of Children's Justice Center of Utah County, as well as the Executive Board for Boy Scouts of America National Parks Council.
He loves boogie boarding in the ocean, camping and golfing with his sons and family and recently began riding dirt bikes with his sons. He looks forward to the day when he can retire and travel the country in a motorhome, visiting national parks.
Rep. Gibson has been married 24 years to Shiela Brown and they have four children, three sons and one daughter.